Administrative Assistance - Bookkeeper
High School Diploma
Entry Level (Less than 2 years of Experience)
9.50 Per hour
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Arrange conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for office personnel.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Mail newsletters, promotional material, and other information.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail and other material, and prepare answers to routine letters.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Collect and disburse funds from cash accounts, and keep records of collections and disbursements.
- Coordinate conferences and meetings.
- Establish work procedures and schedules, and keep track of the daily work of clerical staff.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Manage projects, and contribute to committee and team work.
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information both internally and with other organizations.
- Order and dispense supplies.
- Prepare and mail checks.
- Provide services to customers, such as order placement and account information.
- Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
- Supervise other clerical staff, and provide training and orientation to new staff.